Friday, August 12, 2011

Who wants to be an art teacher?


I do! Is this the part where 31-year-old me wishes that 16-year-old me would have stuck to the plan? Probably, but I choose never to have regret :) When I was in high school I thought I might go to college and study to be an art teacher, but my life ended up taking many twists and turns along the way. I still ended up going to art school and receiving my BFA, but I am not qualified to teach art in a K-12 setting. I still hope to one day go get my MFA, so that I can be an adjunct and teach the 101 classes for art, but for now I get to teach and play art with......2 year olds! Well, 2-1/2 to be exact. I will be a teacher at Early Arts two days a week teaching the 2-1/2-year old class. I am excited to start my lesson plans, in fact I need to get on it right now - researching craft and art projects for 2-1/2-year olds with a a pitstop over at Blogger :)

No comments: