Thursday, July 29, 2010

The first step is admitting you have a problem.


Everyone is doing it, really - it's great. Yeah. Twilight is like the gateway drug of the series. You read it, it is a little rough, but you enjoy the experience. You come down to the end, and you are left wanting more. Need another fix - enter New Moon, even better.

And so on and so forth until you finish Breaking Dawn and you are left thinking "where did all the time go?" "what have I been doing with my life" and things of that sort. You ravage your book shelves for something that can compare to the perfect mix of romance, sci-fi and suspense, but nothing is good enough. You say you are going to move on with you life, give up this "kid stuff" and you head to your local library.

But nothing fills the void. You need a fix. Breaking Dawn stares at you like a lonely friend needing some attention. You think of the good times you had together, and you reach for the book. You think to yourself, this is stupid, I have already read this, but the addiction grabs hold and you find yourself re-reading the entire series.

Yes. Help me. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I always thought I am not one of those pathetic 13-year-old girls who are obsessed with Twilight, but am I? Perhaps. I need to find something else to read!!

No comments: