Monday, May 17, 2010

My First Clothing Item


I cannot claim it as a design, because it is not mine. I came across this.....
....and decided to give it a try. Since I have a son, I decided I would make this for myself, so I basically "doubled" it. I must say, it was very easy, came out pretty cute and I am going to make more. I just bought some patterns today for some cute and easy tops. It is my goal to be able to design my own patters, I figure an $80,000 college degree in Interior Design should get me somewhere in making clothes!
Anyways, I will post some pics of the final product. Do no judge me on my fabric! Since this was a first go around I used some simple cotton I had in my stash, but now that I know I can do this, I am on the hunt for some cute and funky fabric, the this great blue and green fabric I picked up last week on sale - the blue ribbon will be the hem. I think I will use the rest of these hearts and flowers to make some of these simple skirts for my nieces!
Forgive the bathroom background, it is my only full-length mirror! The skirt does fall nicely.
Props to oliver + S , I love their site, design and feel. Very cool! They also have some more free patterns for cute vintage-like little ones clothing items.

1 comment:

Twins in Korea said...

Oh wow, that's so cute! You must teach me oh wise one! And look, my blog is outdated too.